About the team
Our mission is to help our consumers’ home discovery using sophisticated analytics and machine learning technologies atop Trulia’s unparalleled living database of all homes and hundreds of millions of consumers. We are responsible for cutting-edge machine learning products such as Home Recommendations, Consumer Engagement Predictions, and Content creation powered by computer vision. We build highly parallelized, big data, machine-learning applications in the cloud. Sounds like a Mad Lib of marketing jargon, but we’re serious…that’s what you’ll be building.
About the role
Trulia is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing, world-class Machine Learning Engineering group dedicated to excellence. You’ll be responsible for building the machine learning infrastructure to support one or more of several initiatives, including but not limited to personalized recommendations and search ranking, user segmentation and consumer engagement prediction, to help make Trulia build a more neighborly world by helping our consumers discover a place they will love to live. In this role, you will:
- Design and code highly scalable, machine learning applications processing large volumes of data
- Build large scale infrastructure and framework for data processing and feature generation, both in real-time and batch, to ensure that consistent data and features are used across model training as well as online and batch deployments
- Provide engineering leadership to a strong team of applied scientists and machine learning engineers
- Own the entire development lifecycle, from concept to release
- Follow agile processes with a focus on delivering production-ready testable code in small iterations
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Express interest in connecting to the business impact and demonstrate great sense of prioritization
Who you are
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with training, deploying and serving machine learning models in large scale production systems
- You have in-depth knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with programming languages Python and Java
- Experience with messaging systems Kafka and Kinesis
- Experience with big data processing frameworks MapReduce and Spark
- Experience with NoSQL database such as HBase, Cassandra, or Redis
- Experience with Machine Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Torch, or Keras
- Code/Build/Deployment — git, maven, Jenkins
- Experience monitoring with tools such as Datadog, Amazon Cloudwatch, or Nagios
Get to know us
Trulia’s mission is to build a more neighborly world by helping you discover a place you’ll love to live. Homebuyers and renters use Trulia’s website and suite of mobile apps to get a deeper understanding of homes and neighborhoods across the U.S. through personalized recommendations, insights sourced straight from locals, and 34 neighborhood map overlays that offer details on commute, reported crime, schools, nearby businesses, and more. Founded in 2005, Trulia is based in San Francisco, and owned and operated by Zillow Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: Z and ZG). Trulia is a registered trademark of Trulia, LLC.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit careers.zillowgroup.com.