Bloomberg Law (BLAW) provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities. We are committed to changing the way legal professionals conduct their day-to-day tasks by automating research and providing analytical solutions to help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients. Our goal is to use innovative technologies to deliver best-in-class solutions on a fast and reliable Web platform that will impact the future practice of law.
Our BLAW search platform leverages open source search technologies and machine learning models for natural language search and relevance. We own a big portion of the research experience by providing access to almost a billion legal documents. Our platform is able to surface relevant content while scaling to its growing user base by leveraging techniques such as information retrieval, natural language processing, and distributed systems. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please apply to learn more!
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of Core Java or JVM based language experience
- Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms & Object-Oriented design concepts
- Experience with multi-threaded and distributed systems
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be tuned in to market trends and find innovative uses of the analytics stack
- Learn and apply best practices in running large scale distributed systems
- Take ownership of technical solutions, from development and delivery to production
- Have a passion for analytics, distributed processing, visualization
- Take risks. Our fast paced environment will require you to rise to the challenge and strive to exceed expectations
We’d Love to see:
- Experience with Apache Solr, Lucene, or Elasticsearch. We work extensively with Apache Solr and Lucene, using custom query parsers and tuning relevance models. An ideal candidate will have experience in all of these areas.
- Have you contributed to open source? We’d love to hear about it.
- Legal domain expertise & experience working on legal research platforms.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bloomberg.com.