Like open source? So do we: Couchbase and its engineers are active open source contributors for Couchbase, memcached, and other projects.
- Create the world’s best distributed information retrieval server software which companies will rely on for mission-critical OLTP needs
- Discuss and debate with your peers as you help figure out product requirements and the architectural approach to getting things built
- Design and implement needle-mover features with simplicity, elegance and economy
- Research industry and academic leading-edge search and indexing algorithms for IR analysis, tokenization, scoring and relevance
- Think quality; think leverage. Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end CI automation tests and performance benchmarks so we know we have high-quality software
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance person. You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges
- You’re particular about your toolset, because you have it set up just how you like it and when you’re at your best you’re insanely productive
- You have 4+ years of commercial or open source software experience (prefer experience with packaged, downloadable software)
- You can hack in C, C++ but you also like the intoxicating power of working in higher-level languages like Go.
- You think distributed systems problems are cool
- You’re a good communicator and an excellent team mate, including working with remote colleagues
- You like working in organizations that strive to have a good balance between doing it right and moving quickly
Couchbase’s mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world’s first Engagement Database. Built on the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform offering includes Couchbase Server and Couchbase Mobile and is Open Source. The platform provides unmatched agility and manageability – as well as unparalleled performance at any scale – to deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer experiences. The world’s largest enterprises choose Couchbase for the most demanding web, mobile and IoT applications – companies like Amadeus, AT&T, Cisco, Comcast, Concur, Disney, Dixons Carphone, eBay, General Electric, LinkedIn, Marriott, PayPal, Ryanair, Viber, Tesco, United Airlines, Verizon, Wells Fargo, and hundreds of others around the world use Couchbase Data Platform for their interactive web, mobile, and IoT applications.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.