What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for a strong software engineer to help us build all aspects of search experience at Tableau. Search for visual analytics is an unsolved problem and we are looking for passionate folks who want to push the boundaries in helping users find insight faster. You will be working towards improving existing content discovery flows as well as enable people uncovering what they are looking for more easily on Tableau Server, Online and Public. In this role, you are passionate to help people swift through content quickly by improving relevance and saliency of the search results. Our team is responsible to accelerate access to data by providing easy mechanisms to discover relevant content quickly while ensuring right level of security when publishing sensitive data-sources to the server. You will be working on a team of highly skilled and motivated engineers, building the next generation of delightful user experiences and improving our infrastructure to allow more incremental delivery to our customers.
You will work on Tableau’s next-generation Visual Analytics and Collaboration suite building Java based backend platform and our Angular JS / React based web application. You will be part of a highly collaborative team full of talented professionals who are dedicated to helping people “see and understand their data.”
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Work on improving recall and relevancy of search results by improving the metadata available to indexing and searching as well as improving on the platform providing the ranking mechanisms for retrieving the search results.
- Build modern front-end consumer-friendly interfaces and their Java based backend services allowing people seamlessly access and share their data within their organization.
- Opportunity to work with research and write papers and potentially publish patents in the area
Who you are…
- Experienced in building scalable search systems
- Fast learner. You will help us establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, validation and implementation.
- Highly Technical. You love writing things that “just work” – things that are robust, scalable, and that perform well. You have a strong understanding of software architectures relevant to multi-tier client applications.
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.
- Self-Motivated. You do good work, and lots of it, and not because your boss is watching… the drive to deliver is just a part of you.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world! Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful.
To apply for this job please visit tableau.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.