Fanatics is the global leader in licensed sports merchandise and changing the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel and jerseys. Through an innovative, tech-infused approach to making and selling fan gear in today’s on-demand culture, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). Fanatics offers the largest collection of timeless and timely merchandise whether shopping online, on your phone, in stores, in stadiums or on-site at the world’s biggest sporting events.
About the Team
Fanatics is first and foremost a technology company. We are powered by cutting-edge tech created by our small agile teams using the latest tools and technologies under our highly analytical, forward thinking, and open-minded leadership. As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, we challenge ourselves by improving our new fully responsive NodeJS cloud commerce platform, Elasticsearch engine, and deep data science capabilities while building the best-in-class retail manufacturing and supply chain technologies. Our tech teams work together to revolutionize data science and engineering initiatives, provide highly scalable real-time and streaming platforms, and create secure e-commerce and in-stadium fan experience products. Our own e-commerce platform transacts in over 190 countries, 17 languages, and 14 currencies. Our motto is “#GSD”—get stuff done—and we do just that. If you want to be at the nexus of sports, commerce, and technology, come be a part of our industry-leading team here at Fanatics Tech.
At Fanatics, we are passionate about leveraging data to drive growth and operational efficiencies. We firmly believe in putting data at the forefront of delivering an engaging experience for our sports fans!
Fanatics Inc. is looking for highly motivated individuals to join our Product Finding team. You will collaborate closely with engineering, PMs, cross functional business units and address a wide range of challenging problems in the field of information retrieval and search ranking using state-of-art techniques from building search indices from catalogs to improve search relevance with applied machine learning models
What will you be doing?
- Own problems to completion 100% independently, triage production issues.
- Able to develop and roll out large features end to end. Determine the feasibility of software operations through problem definition, evaluating analysis, and solution development. Able to assist in planning and establishing timelines. Ability to break down tasks into concise articulate stories.
- Partner with Product, business stakeholders and other members of the technical development team to assess business, product, and system needs.
- Effortlessly provides technical guidance to more junior members of the team. Can mentor junior engineers. Possess depth of knowledge to give tech talks.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with peers, managers and both internal and external customers.
- Ability to implement complex algorithms on a scalable distributed computing system
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages such as, Java, Rust, C++, Scala, Golang
- Experience with development on highly scalable & low latency Micro-Service APIs in e-commerce domain with interfaces and integration with multiple systems/micro-services
- Experience in designing and building infrastructure for large distributed systems for data processing, index building for search systems, stream processing system
- Experience with search-related technologies, such as Lucene, Elasticsearch, Spark
- Strong understanding of Information Retrieval, Knowledge Graphs, Search Relevancy and related ML / NLP/AI techniques.
- Experience with AWS Cloud and related technologies such as SageMaker, NoSQL – DynamoDB, Cassandra/ScyllaDB, Athena, EMR, Neptune, Kinesis, Kafka
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.