Do you want to build a cutting-edge search & discovery platform using the latest machine learning, deep learning and advanced information retrieval techniques? Do you want to apply data science principals to extract knowledge from the world’s largest medical and scientific knowledge base? Do you want to build the future of healthcare technology? If the answer is yes, then Elsevier is the place for you.
We are looking for a very talented Senior Software Engineer with strong problem solving, and engineering skills to join the Elsevier search & discovery team. The candidate must demonstrate a track record of writing top-class code to build scalable, high-performing software systems. And, demonstrate an ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
About Elsevier: the company is a world-leading provider of information solutions that help healthcare professionals and scientists make better decisions, deliver better care, and make groundbreaking discoveries in science, health, and technology.
- Design and implement key components of the search and discovery platform.
- Write top-class code that passes rigorous peer review.
- Design and implement unit tests, functional tests, and regression tests to validate software functionality.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments; apply those techniques for enhancing the system.
- Applying machine learning (incl. deep learning) to identify patterns in data.
- Algorithm design and optimization.
- Interface with the product owner(s) and other technical personnel to groom and finalize requirements.
- Continually explore methods to enhance code quality and system quality (e.g. automation)
Experience & Qualifications:
- Expertise in building scalable and high-quality software using Java.
- Experience implementing search solutions with technologies such as SOLR, Elasticsearch, Lucene (desirable).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced algorithm design and optimization skills.
- Expertise in data structures and practical application of data structures.
- Expert coding skills including demonstrated rigor in maintaining high code quality.
- Demonstrated ability to unit, functional and regression test code to meet high code standards.
- Expertise in performance tuning and scaling a software system.
- Practical knowledge of search engine and recommendation systems.
- Practical knowledge and application of machine learning and deep learning techniques (desirable).
- Practical knowledge of source control and collaborative tools such as Git.
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and successful in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience building enterprise applications on a cloud service such as AWS or Azure is desirable.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers. Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray’s Anatomy.
Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit 4re.referrals.selectminds.com.