Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing rights holders, platforms, and creators together to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
Our Engineering teams are fully remote, cross-functional, and autonomous. They are made up of talented engineers from various backgrounds and skill levels. At Pex, we value transparency, clear communication, and the discussion of facts and opinions, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel empowered to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
This is a great opportunity to solve engineering problems at an impressive scale with massive amounts of data, so if you’re driven by challenge and eager to have a direct impact on the success of a company, let’s chat!
- Spans tens of thousands of servers and trillions of rows of data and is very broad
- Go, Java, C/C++ on the backend
- Python and C++ with Docker to build prototypes for ML research
- PostgreSQL (horizontally distributed by Citus) and FoundationDB for data
- CI/CD pipeline backed by Jenkins
- Kubernetes to support our expansive development, QA and production environments
- Work collaboratively with Data Architects and Machine Learning Engineers to help improve search relevance
- Identify opportunities for improvement, make recommendations, and design and implement systems
- Drive high-level technology decisions, tool selection, and search development roadmap
- Experience with a search and analytics engine (e.g., ElasticSearch, Solr, Algolia, or similar)
- Experience designing and building search-based software
- Passion for solving problems
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Experience or familiarity with any of the following is a plus: Go, NLP, search ranking ML, auto-complete models, query understanding, and/or recommendation systems
Perks and Benefits:
- Salary: $140,000 – $160,000/year
- Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.