The Amazon Music Voice Search team is responsible for fulfilling music search queries issued by Alexa customers. We collaborate with Alexa platform teams to search Amazon’s vast music catalog and respond to Alexa customer requests like “Alexa, play Hello” or “Alexa, play happy music” or “Alexa, play rock from the 90’s”. Are you excited by the prospect of helping music lovers experience music they enjoy even if they don’t remember the exact name of the artist or the track they want to listen to? Even if they don’t know what they’d like to listen to in this moment? If yes, then come join us and help make millions of people happy! Because nothing is more uplifting then listening to the right song at the right time!
As a software engineer on the Voice Search team, you will collaborate with scientists on developing and evaluating machine learning models (Search Relevancy & Ranking) using large datasets such as meta-data and search queries to improve the customer experience through better search results, or song sequencing. You will own scaling up successful prototypes and implementing a reliable automated production workflow for the model. You will collaborate with software development engineers to integrate the model with the customer experience.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 1+ years of experience in building and operating large scale distributed systems. Comfortable in evaluating and using various NoSQL data stores, caching systems, queuing systems, RPC frameworks and other building blocks of a large scale distributed system.
· M.Sc or PhD in a related technical field
· 1+ years of experience with operating critical, 24×7 systems
· Experience with common machine learning techniques such as preprocessing data, training and evaluation of classification and regression models, and statistical evaluation of experimental data.
· Experience in deploying and operating machine learned models on low latency, high-throughput systems
· Experience working with search relevance and ranking algorithms
· Fluency in programming languages beyond Java and C++ (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl)
· Experience with AWS services highly desirable
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.