The Software Engineer – Search will be responsible for our site search and discovery features across our web, android, and iOS. This role will focus on the enhancement of enterprise search infrastructure. This role will also be responsible for driving insight from massive online behavioral data as well as producing large scale machine learning models to help grow our search engine.
- Translate business requirements and functional specifications into innovative search solutions, scalable designs, code modules, and software solutions
- Contribute to the technical development, configuration, and modification of integrated business and enterprise application solutions
- Develop platform and applications and provide consulting on data technologies like Apache Solr, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Redis
- Develop applications in Python, Java, and C#
- Implement and scale iHerb’s search engine to our millions of visitors
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer science background
- Experience building large scale, high traffic web applications
- Hands-on experience with Solr, Elasticsearch, or similar search engine technologies
- Experience with big data batch or stream processing technologies (MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- 3+ years as a professional software engineer using open source or .NET platforms
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and experience with productionizing ML algorithms is a plus
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, GCP and AWS services is a plus
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems quickly using sound judgement, poise, and diplomacy
- Ability to use judgement and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
Generally, requires a minimum of three (3) years as a professional software engineer
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
To apply for this job please visit iherb.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.