Have you used the search box on Amazon.com or any of our mobile apps? If so, our team helped make sure you got those results! We’re looking for inventive people to help us make the search experience even better.
The Search Data Aggregator (SDA) team ensures that products are correctly indexed in Amazon’s search engine so that customers can find what they want. We are the crucial connection between Amazon’s immense and ever-changing product catalog and the search indexes that customers use to find those products. We’re involved whenever new kinds of products need to be added to the search index, and we help teams improve the way customers find what they’re looking for. We work to find new ways of improving the accuracy of the indexed data and to improve the efficiency of translating the item catalog into an indexable form.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be part of a small, close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You’ll help analyze customer behavior, work with other teams, propose ideas and solutions during sprint planning with your team, implement big ideas, and then measure the results. Engineers on our team have proposed ideas that have impacted millions of customers and generated millions of dollars in revenue. Outside of work, we have weekly team social events and we regularly get out of the office (rain or shine) and have some fun in Seattle as a team.
If you have some big ideas and the drive to make things happen, we want to talk. Join us to help make Amazon’s search experience even better!
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Experience with large-scale data flow systems
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.