Rimeto’s mission is to give employees the context and understanding to work together effectively. We are a high growth, well funded start-up based in San Francisco bringing world-class user experience to workplace productivity.
The Software Engineer, Search Ranking/NLP position will be responsible for building infrastructure to enable retrieval of the most relevant and personalized search results for user queries and to unlock the wealth of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured information within Rimeto. Technical challenges include: developing and tracking objective measures of search quality, drastically expanding Rimeto’s indexing capabilities, and using state of the art technology to improve Rimeto’s ranking models. This is a hands-on role where you will have the opportunity to not only develop strategy but also bring ideas to life in the product.
This role reports directly to the CTO/co-founder, Neville Bowers.
- Drive Rimeto’s Search Ranking/NLP roadmap working closely with product, design, and engineering stakeholders.
- Advocate for quality of search results and user experience by establishing objective quality evaluation metrics and performing regular data analysis.
- Maintain and improve Rimeto’s ElasticSearch infrastructure.
- Develop Rimeto’s ranking and topic extraction models.
- Work across the stack with other engineers to improve overall product experience for end-users.
- 3+ years of high quality software engineering experience.
- Comfort and flexibility in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience with Information Retrieval, Ranking Systems, Recommendation Systems or Natural Language Processing.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, GraphQL, or React.
- Background in Machine Learning or Statistics.
Why you’d love working here
- Everyone at Rimeto works across the stack (infra, mobile, web, data). You get to own end-to-end design and development of new features.
- You can pick the technologies that make the most sense — we’re not afraid to try something new.
- We move fast, with multiple releases every day and an iterative approach to developing new features and measuring their success.
- We use engineering best practices that thoughtfully balance speed with craftsmanship.
- We learn from one another – through code reviews, presentations, and discussions in the hallway.
- You will have transparency into areas outside of Engineering (Business, Strategy, and more) and you’ll always have line-of-sight to real customer impact in your work.
Quality: We take pride in everything we build. We’re thoughtful about architecture and design and always focused on quality.
Diversity. We value diverse perspectives and backgrounds, particularly for their contributions to our product and workplace.
Learning. We see promise in one another and are committed to building an environment where we can learn and grow together.
Leadership. We aim for everyone to be a leader, regardless of their role. Impatience with the status quo motivates our team to take action instead of waiting for permission.
Long game. We want to create a product and company that is enduring and valuable for our clients, partners and team.
Collaboration: We believe that people working collaboratively will make a bigger impact. It’s how we operate within the company and what drives the overall mission of the company.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.