About the Role
As the PM for Geospatial platform in Search & Places group, you would lead the team and efforts responsible for the bread and butter of Uber as a service – how users set their pickup and dropoff location.
These platforms set the foundation to answer complex questions like: How do we build a platform that determines and serves the best pickup & drop-off points across all Uber products (riders, drivers/couriers, eaters, bikers and freight users)? How do we improve our understanding of user location accuracy (walking/in-train/stationary, side of the street, in-door/out-door, localization, etc)? How do we best communicate location information and pickup/dropoff points meaningfully to all consumers (“Rider is standing next to Chase ATM on 11th &mission” for example).
You’ll work as the product owner for these platforms, while also liaising with engineering, business development, legal, data science, and many other teams to deliver magical experiences.
The role demands technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product instincts, a refusal to settle, true innovation, and a high-quality bar for what goes out to the world.
What You’ll Do
- Own the Geospatial platform that helps powers the pickup experience. This includes location platform, access points platform and geocoding.
- Craft a coherent product vision, strategy and roadmap for the Geospatial platform at Uber
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s products like Pool, UberX, Eats and how they rely on core pickup and dropoff platform and then align your team’s mission and roadmap with this direction
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome
- Vision. Think outside the box. Imagine what core services the world would need tomorrow when we have self-driving cars and other innovations. How would you build today’s capabilities that become tomorrow’s differentiators?
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Partner with engineers, data science, research, and other PM stakeholders to understand how we can better meet user needs &expectations.
- Understand, synthesize, and help set the strategy for pickups & dropoffs as a broader tech team.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 5+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them — and you’re deeply proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Experience applying Machine Learning / statistical inference technologies to a variety of complex problems
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, ideally including hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- “Driver” personality. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on.
- High emotional intelligence. You’re able to lead, coach and share feedback with positivity and optimism. Experience managing other product managers, growing their careers and improving their performance.
About the Team
Search & Places team works on building the best Geospatial platform for ride-sharing and delivery use case. It helps powers magical pickup and dropoff experience across Uber products (Rider, Eats, Driver, etc).
The team works on a wide breadth of projects to ensure riders can get to where they want to go seamlessly.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
To apply for this job please visit www.uber.com.