Information and data move the financial markets, so discovering the right information is important to our clients. Bloomberg ingests more than 100,000 different news feeds, tracks millions of securities, analyzes proprietary data sources such as supply chain information for the entire world, and keeps track of many large sources of data to help our clients stay in the know. This data would not be discoverable without our help.
Who are we? Bloomberg’s Unified Search Team – a group of specialists, researchers and software engineers who have a passion for solving complex problems. We are building machine learning applications to help customers find the information they need. Join us to help solve unique challenges related to search and autocomplete. We are a small team making a big impact for Bloomberg customers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide technical leadership in building machine learning systems that solve difficult problems involving big data/information retrieval/recommendation systems
- Write, test and maintain production-quality Java, C++, and/or Python code
- Study and analyze problems, propose solutions and design experiments
You’ll need to have:
- A PhD or Master’s in Machine Learning or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of industrial experience programming in C++ or Java
- Technical leadership experience
We’d love to see:
- A mathematical background (Probability and Statistics)
- A working knowledge of TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with Python
- Publications in top-tier conferences or journals in ML (such as ICML, NIPS, CIKM, WWW, WSDM, SIGIR, or KDD)
To apply for this job please visit careers.bloomberg.com.