As the Lead Engineer of the Search and AML group, you’ll manage a small team of dedicated engineers and work closely with adjacent teams to build world-class discovery components, used throughout Vimeo’s applications. You’ll use machine learning to augment traditional search techniques to create intelligent responses to customers’ queries.
What you’ll do:
- Work on search algorithms, web services, search indexing, recommendations, and performance by enhancing the search platform that powers Vimeo products.
- Apply data mining and machine learning to improve the ranking and recommendations as part of search work-flow.
- Build platform to index a billion videos, documents and other assets in real-time.
- Maintain and optimize search engine, identify new ideas to evolve it, develop new features and benchmark possible solutions, in terms of search relevance, recommendations but also user experience, performance and feasibility.
- Explore advanced and evolving techniques to extract content metadata using NLP and/or computer vision to enhance search components.
- Build these Search products using technologies such as Elasticsearch, REST web services, SQS/Kafka, Machine Learning, and more.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance
What we’re expecting:
- Strong knowledge of ML techniques including both supervised and unsupervised learning, classification, regression, and optimization
- Natural Language Processing and information retrieval experience especially with Elasticsearch/Solr
- 3+ years of experience management and coaching.
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, SKLearn, XGBoost or similar libraries
- Experience with asynchronous architectures and queuing systems like Kafka, Google Cloud PubSub, Rabbit MQ, Amazon SQS, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with product teams to devise solutions for search-related features
- 5+ years of experience working high-throughput, high-availability, and cloud-deployed distributed applications
- Experience with agile software development processes and using them to lead a team
- Production-level Golang and/or Python programming
- Experience with Linux containerization technologies
- Experience with cluster managers like Kubernetes
- Computer Vision and/or Video Metadata Extraction experience
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.