About the team
We are responsible for processing and serving all Trulia’s For-Sale and Rental listings and much more. We drive the backend search experience for Trulia and provide fast access to listings as well as local data around it. Our goal is to provide new and updated listings to our users in near real-time and make the search experience amazing. We are a small team that believes in innovation, collaboration and transparency. Trulia’s culture is one of the company’s biggest strengths. At Trulia people treat each other with respect and compassion, together cultivating a culture of collaboration, learning, accountability and fun. There’s a dedication to understanding the whole person, helping to build a collegian, trusting environment.
About the role
We are seeking passionate and creative engineer to build and scale our core backend search team. You will be working on areas ranging from processing pipelines, data services and the search platform behind our real estate site and mobile apps. You’ll work with a wide range of large-scale data related to properties and local info, at the core of consumer-facing products and the Trulia experience. You will be working on tacking challenging problems in information retrieval domain and will be continuously innovating on core search areas such as indexing, query understanding, query execution search relevancy, predictive search, metrics tracking, scalability, geo-spatial search to name a few.
This includes the chance to:
- Create high-visibility, modern backend search products and drive innovation
- Work on Search algorithm, web services, search indexing, data mining, big data, Hadoop, deep learning, recommendations and performance by developing a Search platform
- Architect, design and develop massively scalable services to provide a continually improving search experience, and your work will be seen by millions of customers daily.
- Work on meaningful initiatives to help consumers find the place they will love to live
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams across the organization
- Be a technical leader and mentor junior team members
- Chance to contribute to building semantic search capabilities ground-up by developing entity disambiguation models, knowledge graphs, recommenders and relevance models.
Who you are
- Passionate about writing and maintaining high-quality software that solves real-world meaningful problems at scale.
- You have experience writing large scalable, distributed search solutions for high traffic applications.
- You are skilled in making trade-offs between off-line pre-computation versus real-time computation
- You have experience building custom Search stack or solid experience with open source technologies like Lucene, Solr or ElasticSearch.
- Experience with advanced Information retrieval (IR) techniques, NLP, machine learning, personalization and recommendation systems.
- Experience with maintaining and scaling a high trafficked search infrastructure
- Experience working in Amazon cloud technologies.
- Experienced in Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Streaming systems, shell scripting and working in a Linux environment
- You are familiar with Git/Stash, Maven, Jenkins
To apply for this job please visit careers.zillowgroup.com.